NOBS Toothpaste Tablets are my newest obsession.
Whether you’re serious about sustainability, dealing with tooth sensitivity, or pride yourself on toxic-free living, I swear you’re going to love NOBS.
They’re these cute little white tablets that dissolve in water and clean your teeth unlike anything else you’ve ever tried.
Once you test them out for yourself, you’ll never go back.
This article will tell you everything you need to know about NOBS, how to use them, and whether they’re right for you.
NOBS Toothpaste Tablets
|Best for:||All adults, but particularly pregnant women, people with sensitive teeth, and frequent travelers|
|Key Ingredients:||Nano hydroxyapatite (as a safer alternative to fluoride!)|
I love that NOBS Toothpaste Tablets are formulated with just 13 clean ingredients and none of the unnecessary chemicals you find in other toothpaste.
- Nano hydroxyapatite
- Organic coconut oil
- Calcium carbonate
- Zinc Citrate
- Sodium Cocyl Isothionate
Nano hydroxyapatite (nHA) is the star of the show here!
Cheaper toothpastes all have fluoride in them, but fluoride has been proven to induce neurotoxicity and impair the brain development of your babies.
But you can’t just ditch it outright! You still need a remineralizing agent in your toothpaste if your teeth are sensitive to sweet stuff and hot/cold temperatures.
This is where nHA comes in. Plus, it’s safe enough to use everyday, and it helps your teeth regrow and protect themselves.
Oh. . . and did I mention it helps with cavities? Score.
The ingredients NOBS is formulated with are great, but what’s left out is even better!
NOBS doesn’t have any of the toxic ingredients you’ll find in other cheap toothpastes like:
NOBS come in two different sizes: a 1-month supply jar (62 NOBS) and a 3-month supply jar (186 NOBS).
Both come in beautiful glass bottles so your toothpaste never touches any synthetic material or plastic.
While I have the 3-month supply jar on subscription now (so convenient!), I kept my 1-month jar so it can fit in my carry-on suitcase even more easily!
How I Tested NOBS Toothpaste Tablets
Toothpaste tablets are way easier to use than you might think. I followed these simple steps:
- Wet my toothbrush
- Pop 1 NOB in my mouth and chew
- Brush for 2 minutes
I followed these steps twice a day for over 3 months, and I absolutely loved the results.
NOBS Toothpaste Tablets Results
I’ve had a few super sensitive spots on my teeth for as long as I can remember.
A few years ago, my dentist suggested that I try Sensodyne, but the sensitivity never went away.
I just assumed I’d have to live with it for the rest of my life.
Lo and behold, after just a month of using NOBS, my teeth hypersensitivity completely went away.
For the first time in years, I can eat ice cream? I can drink hot coffee? I can add lemon juice to my morning glass of water without my teeth screaming at me?
This stuff is magical.
I’ve always had fairly white teeth, so I’m not the right person to assess the effectiveness of NOBS on teeth whitening.
That being said, while other whitening toothpastes use cheap, harsh abrasives to clean your teeth, NOBS uses sodium bicarbonate instead!
Sodium bicarbonate is soft and gentle on your teeth while still leaving you with a bright, white smile.
I love that my everyday toothpaste is safe enough to deliver great results without damaging my enamel.
This might be my absolute favorite thing about NOBS.
Okay yeah, it’s great for my sensitivity, but I swear this stuff keeps my mouth feeling fresh or the entire day.
It’s minty, it foams beautifully, and it leaves you feeling squeaky clean even if you love coffee and garlic as much as I do.
I’ve never used a toothpaste that made my breath feel so fresh before, and I’m never going back.
Pros and Cons
I love pretty much everything about NOBS, but here are the highlights:
- Foams well
- Great taste
- Leaves your mouth feeling fresh all day
- Reduces teeth sensitivity
- Convenient to carry around
- No fluoride or other toxic ingredients
The only minor downside to NOBS is that it’s a bit pricier than other toothpastes.
But to be honest, I think it’s super important to invest in your longterm health! I don’t mind paying a bit more for a safe product with nano hydroxyapatite to avoid toxic fluoride and other cheap ingredients.
I think about it like this: Instead of paying a dentist thousands of dollars in a few years to fix all the damage, I’d rather spend a little bit more on toothpaste now to avoid it in the first place!
I’d give NOBS the following rankings:
- Taste (8/10): I love the gentle sweetness that natural xylitol gives the toothpaste
- Texture and Foam (10/10): I was skeptical about trying out a toothpaste tablet, but NOBS dissolves easily and foams like crazy!
- Mouth Feel (10/10): I have seriously never tried a toothpaste that left my mouth feeling so fresh and clean
- Safety (10/10): Fluoride is not a safe ingredient for pregnant women and can contribute to neurodegenerative disease. I’ll choose nHA over fluoride every time!
- Convenience (9/10): I fly a lot, so never having to worry about TSA taking my toothpaste is a total lifesaver.
- Effectiveness (100/10): Before NOBS, I tried every toothpaste my dentist suggested to fix my teeth sensitivity, and literally none of them worked. I won’t use any other toothpaste again!
- Price (7/10): It’s not the most expensive toothpaste on the market, but it’s not the cheapest either. But hey, nano hydroxapatite is an expensive ingredient, and I’ll pay a small premium for safety and good quality.
- Sustainability (9/10): I’m always trying to reduce my waste and plastic consumption, so I love the glass jars that I can reuse for other stuff around my house!
Overall, I give NOBS a whopping 5 stars! Maybe even 6 if I could!
Should you try NOBS?
Yes! Literally every single person on Earth should try NOBS.
You won’t understand the magic of nano hydroxyapatite until you try it for yourself.
That being said, I think there 3 groups of people specifically that would benefit the most from NOBS:
- Pregnant women: since fluoride can be toxic to fetuses, consider switching to nano hydroxyapatite toothpaste for the health and safety of your children.
- People with sensitive teeth: if you’re like me and you’ve tried all the “anti-sensitivity” toothpastes and nothing has worked for you, be sure to give NOBS a go. I swear by it!
- Frequent travelers: I’m telling you, there’s nothing like the peace of mind of never worrying about TSA taking your toiletries or your toothpaste exploding all over your clothes. Switch to tablets!